Tiny Shoes

Tiny Shoes

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Saying Goodbye



There is so much to say and so much that has happened. I don't even know where to begin. Saturday October 16th was the day of Clarissa's funeral. I felt busy preparing for the funeral. My best friend growing up and my sister surprised me and flew in for the funeral. I am so happy they could be there. Our parents were busy at work making preparations. The day before the funeral was very difficult for me. I felt like I was emotional all day long.
But Saturday rolled around and it couldn't have been more of a beautiful day. It was bright and sunny and warm. I felt happy and at peace. We got dressed and ready for the day and the house was busy with friends and family helping. Eric and I picked up our sweet angel from the funeral home and brought her to the church along with the casket.

We held her as our family came in to see her. We said our last goodbyes and lay her in the casket. The service was perfect. The words that were said and the music was so special. We all drove to the graveside. Eric and his father carried the casket. All the men in our family sang "Be Still My Soul" at the graveside after a dedicatory prayer was said by my father.

It was more perfect than I could have asked for. We thanked our Heavenly Father for helping make this day so precious and our whole time with her just so special. I was so happy to finally lay her body to rest. I will forever be grateful for the little blessing that came to our family. She has blessed our lives, we miss her so much but are comforted to know we will see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment