Tiny Shoes

Tiny Shoes

Friday, August 20, 2010

Our baby's bed




Another trip to visit the family. Eric went to Denver for a convention for school. I got to spend another week with our families. It was the week of July 18th, 2010. I was growing increasingly more uncomfortable and bigger:) I acted like I was 9 months pregnant. I would have to stop and take breaths from doing simple things like changing Maveric's clothes or just walking down the hall. I just relaxed frequently and took several breaks from the everyday activities. Lets just say I watch a lot of movies:)

We had lots of fun this week. My sisters and cousin played in the baby pool and slip'n'slide with Maveric. They had a blast! One day we had a girls night plus Maveric, and Granni let us each get our own pint of bluebell ice cream! Yummy!! That was so fun! So it was a relaxing week.

We went to Eric's family's house for a few nights too. And we worked on Clarissa's casket. Eric's mom, being the amazing seamstress she is, was going to make the lining for the casket. She got an ivory satin to use. It looks beautiful. We scrunched the material and used it for the sides. We used soft padding for the bottom and sides. We made her a really cushy bed to lay on.

A funny story about the bed was, we used a piece of poster board to give some stability for the fabric to be attached to. If that makes sense. We lay the cushion on top of the poster and then used the fabric to cover it all. (Yes that is our little secret, we used a piece of poster board:) The funny part is, Diana brought in a piece of used poster board. And she said, well this is all I have, is it ok if we use this, I said no problem. She said "ok, because the poster board says 'Spring into action sharing the gospel!', I guess Clarissa will be springing into action sharing the gospel."I thought that was just perfect for her little bed! I am sure that is what she will be doing in the spirit world! Sharing the gospel:) We had a good time working on it. When she was about finished with the lining, she asked me if I wanted a pillow. I told her yes I do, and I kind of laughed, because sometimes i think the things I want aren't necessarily for Clarissa, they are more for me. Not that she needs a pillow but I want her to have it:) After she made the little pillow she layed it down in the bed. It was just precious. She started to cry and said "Okay, now it's perfect." I leaned over the counter and said "Did you ever think you would be doing this?" She said "No way, and what a blessing it is for Eric to have been able to make this for her. Who would have thought that when he learned carpentry that he would be able to do this for his little girl."

I was so happy that our little treasure chest was complete. It was a relief to me, just something else prepared for when she comes.

1 comment:

  1. That treasure chest is just beautiful. What a special thing that Eric and his family could help you make that for Clarissa.

    ReplyDelete