Tiny Shoes

Tiny Shoes

Friday, August 20, 2010

Little Dresses


Mid July. While I was visiting the family, my mom, Eric's mom and I went to find Clarissa a couple of outfits. I wanted to be prepared for when she came. I wanted a hospital outfit, a blessing dress, and a burial outfit. We went to several places. While we drove to shop, I felt pretty anxious about what we were going to do. It made me nervous too. We ended up finding one shop that had what we wanted.

This shop had a pretty good selection of preemie clothes. They were beautiful. I found one outfit that is all white. Pants and shirt. It has white, darling lace around the ankles and waist. With 3 little white bows down the shirt. Just so sweet. I loved it and wanted that for the hospital. Mom wanted to get it for me. We found cute little white booties to go with it. (Those are the booties in the belly pics above) We finally found a blessing dress too. It is an ivory/cream colored dress with lace for the dress part. Sorry I am not very good with describing. The dress and the little white outfit are in some of the pics displayed as well. I loved the dress because it was so simple but beautiful. It was perfect. Eric's mom wanted to get the blessing dress for us. It was nice to have something for Clarissa from each Granni, and Grandma. Then for the burial outfit. I imagined I would want something white, but when I got to the store I wanted something with some color for her to be buried in. I found a pink pant and shirt set with ivory lace on the bodice. Very pretty. But I am actually taking it back because I feel it will be too big. I think she will be pretty tiny. I bought the burial outfit for her.

This shopping trip was very hard, and emotionally draining. I tried to enjoy it at first. But when we left I started to feel sad and overwhelmed. I broke down in tears in the parking lot. Then of course that gave permission for Mom and Diana to break down as well. I just had been holding it in that whole time and finally couldn't do it anymore. So we all sat in the car for a moment and cried. Look what I started. It was a special moment I will never forget. I love my moms:) They have been a great strength during this time.

So this was a big day. Finding the clothes that she will wear for a short time. Something tangible for me have forever. Small things that help a mother remember her baby.

2 comments:

  1. those are all beautiful. I can't imagine how hard that was to shop for. It is wonderful that you could have both your Mom's there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel you are amazing! I am so glad for you too that you have amazing support! You mom in law was so helpful to casey and I when his dad was in the hospital. Such a loving family you are so blessed in so many ways! Again we pray for you every night, and please don't hesitate to call if you need anything. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete